Mondays 10:00 - 14:00
Tuesdays 10:00 - 14:00
Wednesdays 10:00 - 17:00
Thursdays 10:00 - 14:00
Fridays 10:00 - 14:00
1st & 3rd
Saturdays, 11:00 - 13:00
1st Thursday, 18:00 - 20:00
*July & August Summer Schedule click here
To view all the activities and events Centrepoint has to offer, please visit our full Google calendar!
We would like to inform new members and remind our existing members of the "Top Ten" benefits that come exclusively with Centrepoint Membership.
- Receive a warm welcome and information about Basel. Our Front Desk volunteers are happy to help.
- Make new friends and explore Basel together. This is a clear win-win situation.
- Meet other members and develop your skills and talents by volunteering.
- Enjoy the Horizon newsletter, available in print and online 10 times a year. Our newsletter provides information about what’s on at Centrepoint, what’s on and life in Basel, and much more.
- Improve or keep your language skills up to date. German and English conversation groups are always on offer, and French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, and other language conversation groups are offered by members for members.
- Be our guest at various events such as the Artwall Vernissages, the Summer Picnic, and the New Year's Party, all included in your membership.
- Attend one of the events or programmes organized by your fellow Centrepoint members. Some recent examples of events: a tour of the concert hall in Luzern, a visit to the Feldschlösschen Brewery, a guided tour of Bern, whisky and wine tastings, and many more.
- Borrow books from our fantastic English-language library, during Centrepoint's opening hours. Our Library holds over 4,000 titles in many genres including fiction, travel, biographies and childrens' books. It is free for members to borrow books, so come along and explore our collection.
- Join one of the shared interest groups, such as the "Hooks and Needles" or the "Men Modelling" group.
- Get involved. As a member of Centrepoint, you have the opportunity and privilege to volunteer. Influence what is Centrepoint today and for the future, in person or online.
As a valued member, you can give your time through one of the existing roles such as the Front Desk Volunteer or you can use your skills to create your own event or programme to offer other members. Here, only your capacity and imagination set the limits.
Contact Centrepoint Programmes
if you want to organize a concert, a flea market, a book club, start a Centrepoint Gospel Choir or something completely different. Just go for it!
We are sure there are many non-tangible benefits, as seen by the smiles of our members.